2nd Shift – 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. (M-F)
Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of heparin, pancreatin, heparin derivatives, naturally derived pharmaceuticals, and recombinant proteins from microbial fermentation. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a 2nd shift Maintenance Mechanic.
This position is responsible for performing general and semi-skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery, buildings, and equipment. Work involves general proficiency in at least one area (HVAC, Boilers Refrigeration, Water Systems and/or instrument calibration). Incumbent will exercise some technical independence in determining work methods and procedures in their particular skill area; receives assignments either orally or through written instructions, which may be accompanied by diagrams or sketches. Work is reviewed through inspection and discussion with superiors.
- Has the ability to start up and perform daily checks on utility and production support equipment.
- Make preventative maintenance checks and inspections in area of trade specialty. Adjusts and calibrates equipment when necessary.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on equipment or machinery utilizing meters, gauges, and instruments to examine and functionally test. Plan corrective action. Make necessary adjustments to maintain production and quality. Record data.
- Research and obtain management authorization for purchases of parts and supplies.
- Performs tests on water systems tied in with plant utilities.
- Performs minor electrical and pipefitting repairs to utility systems.
Education: some coursework after high school preferred
Experience: Between 2 and 5 years of experience preferred
Licenses and Professional Certifications:
1st Class Boiler's License
Universal Refrigeration License
SPL offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a pleasant work environment.