The Executive Assistant will support the Executive Vice President with administrative and clerical needs. These will include scheduling, travel arrangements, planning and execution of events, preparation of correspondence, reports and other documents. Also assists with the community service activities of the Executive Vice President. This position works closely with all managers and executives of BH Media Group and its affiliates, as well as administrative assistants in the company.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares correspondence with proper form, grammar, sentence structure and punctuation.
• Must perform job with complete discretion and confidentiality.
• Maintains scheduling calendar and keeps up-to-date contact list for Executive Vice President
• Plans special events (i.e. dinners, seminars, etc) as directed by the Executive Vice President
• Maintains filing system for Executive Vice President, including general filing, project files and other recordkeeping.
• Makes travel arrangements as directed and submits expenditure reports in a timely manner.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to organize and coordinate management information.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office: Windows,Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, SBS, DayForce and the ability to adapt and learn new applications.
• Positive liaison with customers, staff and other deparbnents/divisions.
• Diplomatic and resourceful in resolving customer or other problems.
• Self-starter and the ability to get things done through others.
• Analytical aptitude, loyal and trusted to handle confidential information.
• Obtains pricing and procures offices supplies and equipment as directed.
• Answers telephones and greets guests in the executive offices with a businesslike and friendly disposition.
• Maintains a professional appearance at all times while working.
• Distributes mail and other materials, as required.
• Must communicate clearly and effectively, both on the telephone and in person.
• Must be able to respond to emergendes at all hours.
• Must possess a high energy level and ability to work varied sdiedu les and endure potentially high-stress situations.
• Must be able to type at least 50 WPM and possess the necessary dexterity for these functions.
• Must possess a good command of the English language, including sentence structure, use of grammar, as well as written and oral communications.
• Must possess good organizational, prioritizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma and a minimum of 3 years advanced administrative support experience preferred.
Apply At: BHMediaRecruiting@bhmginc.com
BH Media Group
A Berkshire Hathaway Company
Equal Opportunity Employer This Employer E-Verifies Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required.
About this company
The Omaha World-Herald has been an integral part of the community since 1885, providing news, commentary, information and advertising that encourages readers to become involved in the world around them.
The World-Herald was family owned until 1963 when Peter Kiewit purchased The World-Herald to ensure the paper would continue to be locally owned. After Kiewit's death in 1979 the Company was employee owned until December of 2011 when Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway purchased the paper to once again insure local ownership.
The award winning World-Herald is a statewide Nebraska newspaper, and delivers to more readers in southwest Iowa than any other Iowa newspaper. The digital version receives approximately 18 million page views by over 1.2 million unique visitors each month. Over 80% of adults in our “home market” of Douglas and Sarpy Counties have seen the printed or digital version in a week's time.