The Regional Partnership Director is a well-seasoned food sales professional that can help change the industry landscape and create a consumer demand-driven marketplace focused on healthy eating. The Regional Partnership Director is an exciting opportunity to drive the Revolution Foods sales strategy, supplying fresh and natural food meal solutions to public schools and the retail markets. The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership skills, passion for our mission, and the ability to judge where to spend time for the greatest benefit. Develops and drives critical path strategies to achieve robust sales growth, consistent with the mission and vision of Revolution Foods.
- Responsible for growing sales revenue and brand recognition in public schools and fresh food categories. Provides overall direction and sets goals for business development across the U.S. market.
- Develops a network of external contacts, sources and experts that sell, supply and distribute fresh food and beverage products. Responsible for interpreting business needs and responds appropriately.
- Leads efforts to maximize customer satisfaction, retention of customers/ accounts and growth of new accounts and business relationships.
- Establishes methodologies for project evaluation, priorities, negotiation and execution of selected transactions and opportunities. Actively manages the costings and margins associated with different industries.
- Effective cross functional leadership/communication skills to support Regional Market Director and Regional Partnership Managers (RPMs) to support overall account management.
- Develop short and long term strategic growth plans and forecasts for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional partners. Actively works to achieve and exceed financial performance and revenue growth goals.
- Create account management sales plan and goals related to organic growth, upsells and participation.
- Proactively identifies market shifts and the potential impact to accounts.
- Responsible for developing an accurate KPI to measure net revenue forecast for the customer(s) and measuring results against it, clarifying variances. Expected to meet and exceed retention goals.
- Work directly with VP, Account Management to develop account management plans for each market.
- Coach, mentor and develop Partnership Managers to build capability for Account management across organization
- Provide timely and positive resolution of escalated account management issues and communicate with key customers, business partners and executives on significant issues and accomplishments.
- Work in conjunction with business development leadership to ensure clear communication and effective sales to operations handoff processes and procedures.
- Develops a network of external contacts, sources and experts that sell, supply and distribute fresh food and products with a clean label emphasis.
- Use technology, data and rigorous business analysis and critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve efficiencies and margins, and drive customer engagement
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety,, visual quality and PPE requirements when in a plant.
- Implement and continually evaluate actions/processes to drive increased utilization and sell through of Revolution Foods products and services. May collaborate with Marketing on promotional materials, campaigns or events.
Required Experience and Education:
- 5+ years of prior account management, sales or business development experience require.
- 3+ years experience leading a sales team, negotiating contract terms and conditions
- College degree in a related field or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- K-12 or Charter School Food service experience a plus.
- Foodservice business within K-12 or Charter School, or other dealings is a plus.
- Experience establishing progressive sales growth of fresh food consumer products, preferably clean label products, with at least 2 years in a sales management level role.
- Financial Acumen and Budgeting Experience.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, Salesforces or similar CRM systems
- Embodies the entrepreneurial spirit and takes ownership of partnerships, while achieving results
- Experienced at prioritizing and managing multiple projects
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- 50-75% domestic travel required for the first year.
- A self-motivated leader with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute tactical plans
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks
- Ability to operate in a matrix management structure
Founded in 2006, Revolution Foods serves fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper meals to students in education programs nationwide, where two-thirds of these children are in low-income households. The meals are home-style and based on real food ingredients like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. We never use high fructose corn syrup, artificial trans fats, preservatives or anything artificial.
Our thousands of community hired employees are dedicated to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve get high-quality, healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Revolution Foods serves meals via local culinary centers to metro markets across the nation including California (Northern and Southern), Colorado, Houston (+San Antonio), Mid-Atlantic (D.C., VA, MD, DE), NY Metro Area (PA, NJ, NY, CT) and New Orleans; and we are expanding into new metro markets every year!
Location/Region: Houston, TX