Bergen Community College has openings for Custodians to work either
Monday-Friday 11:00PM -7:30AM or Tuesday– Saturday 11:00PM -7:30AM openings.
This position will be responsible for all phases of cleaning and maintenance within the buildings including office areas, corridors, stairwells, elevators, restrooms, showers, classrooms, conference rooms, exterior walks, patios, walls and windows. Typical tasks will include but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing stripping and refinishing of floors, dusting, cleaning restrooms, replenishing bathroom supplies, trash removal, vacuuming carpets, changing light bulbs, setting up and cleaning up for a wide variety of events and executing office moves.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive in the state of New Jersey
- Six months related experience
- Must be able to read and write English and understand material data sheets and product instructions
- Knowledge of custodial procedures
- Must be a New Jersey Resident (Bergen Community College is a NJ First Act Employer).
- Requires the ability to read and follow label instructions on cleaning supplies, as well as, follow basic verbal & written instructions
- Must be able to perform heavy manual labor including ability to perform frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to stand for a prolonged period of time
- Must be able to perform certain tasks on a repetitive basis, including but not limited to, frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling and squatting
- Must be able to withstand exposure to noise from equipment, machines, and vehicles
- Must be able to work in unconditioned confined spaces in hot or cold climates and must have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in variable and sometimes extreme weather conditions such as rain, snow, storms, heat, cold, and any other weather indigenous to the area
- Must be able to see small objects
- Must be able to use hand tools and operate manual and power janitorial equipment such as floor scrubbers, buffers, stripping machines and vacuums
- Must be able to shovel snow and remove ice
- Must be able and willing to work independently, as well as, in a team setting. Must be able to work with diverse and multicultural students, staff, faculty and visitors with sensitivity and diplomacy
- This position will require flexibility with your schedule
All interested candidates should send a cover letter (including the job code S-CUSTODIAN) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. Application materials will be accepted until positions are filled.
Click APPLY to the right to upload your resume today!
Location/Region: Paramus, NJ (07652)