A lead member of the Revenue Cycle Team who works with leadership to develop training curriculum and educational materials, supporting staff in their efforts to become proficient RCM system/application users, assists other team members and end users in resolving issues. Training (50%):
Command Center & Customer Support (40%):
- Identifies training / educational opportunities to maintain current level of functionality and leverage the full potential of the software to enhance the operational metrics and patient experience at UH
- Scheduling, coordination, and development of system and operational training materials
- Leads training initiatives via classroom, webinar, LMS and end user communications for internal and external end users
- Participates in process improvement initiatives throughout the revenue cycle areas
Reporting & Analytics (5%):
- Provides daily technical and application support for Revenue Cycle end users
- Creates and distributes end user communications in a timely manner
- Reviews software updates, enhancements and release notes, assists manager in evaluating the impacts of implementing the software and coordinates educational efforts for the training staff and end users.
- Assists with revenue cycle system builds and software updates to ensure smooth continued operations
- Works with Revenue Cycle management to develop, write, and update operational documentation
- Identifies potential areas of risk and recommends appropriate mitigation steps to manager to ensure effective operations.
- Actively participates in vendor activities, customer site visits, and software improvement sessions.
- Performs audits and analyses of accounts receivable/transactions to ensure the accuracy of claims/receivables, identifies issues, and recommends solutions.
- Generates reports including writing complex queries to perform analysis on data within the Revenue Cycle. Uses independent judgment to write queries that extract the necessary data from the Revenue Cycle software.
- Reviews reports to ensure the integrity of shared computerized billing/reporting systems and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Analyzes reports to determine processing issues/aged accounts and implements procedures for resolution
Experience & Knowledge
- Assist Revenue Cycle departments with Special Projects and various duties as assigned.
Special Skills & Equipment:
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in a health system, hospital, or physician practice revenue cycle area with thorough knowledge of the complexities and interdependencies of Patient Registration, Medical Records and Business Office operations.
- Must have excellent operational knowledge, functional and/or technical knowledge in order to deploy revenue cycle software and related business processes.
- Must possess a general understanding of the UH business environment; organizational structure; policies and procedures; current business practices; current systems and data.
- Must be detail oriented and organized, with good time management skills. Ideal candidate would possess superior analytical and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of ICD Diagnosis, ICD Procedure codes, CPT codes and medical terminology required.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Notable client service, communication, presentation and relationship building skills required.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in data entry skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use PCs, Microsoft Office suite, and general office equipment (i.e., printers, copy machine, FAX machine, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of Soarian, Quadax, Athena and/or Affinity software and query language preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44101)