For nearly a century, friends and family, celebrities and athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have all flocked to Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of California’s Monterey Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, California, owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay and Del Monte Golf Course.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by DELL Technologies, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance Championship Impacting The First Tee. Pebble Beach Golf Links has hosted six U.S. Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship and numerous other tournaments.
The Stable Hand performs stall and corral cleaning and grounds work as directed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean to a high standard, and remove manure and urine from horse bedding and corrals.
- Assist with feeding at 7 a.m., 12 noon and 4 p.m. in a timely manner.
- Safely and humanely work around client and PBEC horses.
- Provide un-blanketing before 9 a.m. and blanketing before 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Rake all areas and barn aisles daily of dropped feed and other debris.
- Deposit manure in the manure hopper in a neat and orderly way keeping manure inside the hopper.
- Check corrals and stalls daily for dangerous situations, broken wood or metal piping or leaky waterers or non-operative waterers.
- Check rubber matting in stalls and corrals, turn when needed to prevent curl-up and keep mat clean and neat and in-line.
- Advise Head Foreman or Manager of unusual horse activity or signs of changes in daily habits.
- Assist Stable Foreman when required with maintenance work when needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Pebble Beach Company and departmental policies regarding safety guidelines, procedures for performing tasks, using chemicals and operating equipment.
- Know, model and integrate Pebble Beach Company culture (mission, values and standards).
Absolutely Required Skills
- Able to lift bales of hay and bags of shavings.
- Excellent horse handling skills.
- Pride of workmanship.
- Heavy lifting skills.
- Courteous relationship with clients.
- Basic English skills - ability to understand and communicate job related information.
- California driver’s license with less than 2 points.
- Basic knowledge of maintenance and simple tool use.
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
Ability to stand for long periods of time. Repetitive hand use. Firm grasping required. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Why work for us
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail and spa.
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you don’t golf, you’ll quickly become the most popular member of the family and your circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our team and guests is our number one priority. All employees will be required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the beginning of the employee’s first scheduled shift. Employees must commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation guidelines.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.