The Radiation Therapist coordinates, plans, and administers high quality and comprehensive age/disease appropriate radiotherapy to oncology patients of all age groups by utilizing equipment, computers, and established techniques to ensure a positive patient experience. Demonstrating radiation safety standards with patient and staff members is essential while following the code of ethics and practice standards set by the ASRT and ARRT.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Depending on the location, the Radiation Therapist must be able to work proficiently with all types of Varian, Siemens, and TomoTherapy machines utilizing the latest treatment techniques including 3D Conformal, IMRT, IGRT, SRS/SBRT, and brachytherapy procedures
- Manage scheduling of all areas to include simulation and treatment
- Ensure pre-treatment field checks are completed in a timely manner
- Access patient’s needs and use good judgment for requesting medical attention
- Coordinate all aspects of treatment with different departments to include Physician/Physics/Dosimetry
- Implement suggestions or changes as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Hold a current state license in good standing
- ARRT Registered Technologist
- Hold current CPR certification
- Ability to work independently
- High confidence level
- Excellent patient care skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand dosimetry plans and calculations
- Excellent computer skills related to basic office, record/verify and EMR
- Must be able to travel to alternate office locations as needed
- Graduate of an approved school of radiation therapy
- Extensive CT/Simulation experience in all areas of radiation therapy to include brachytherapy and immobilization fabrication
- Experience with clinical set ups and contours
About this company
Over 30 years of experience
21st Century Oncology is the premier provider of cancer care services across multiple modalities, the largest radiation oncology provider and one of the largest groups of urologists in the U.S. For more than 30 years, 21st Century Oncology has been committed to providing state-of-the-art, academic quality radiation therapy and other cancer treatments in a patient-centric setting focused on continuous innovation.
Convenient treatment locations
Headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, the physician-led company operates 179 treatment centers, including 143 centers located in 17 U.S. states. The Company also operates 36 centers located in seven countries in Latin America.
A focus on integrated cancer care
21st Century Oncology employs or is affiliated with over 947 physicians globally, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, surgeons and pathologists—working together to deliver the most advanced integrated cancer care.
Location/Region: Ocala, FL