We are looking for an energetic groundskeeper to keep our institution's grounds functionally and aesthetically sound. The groundskeeper will maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, stair paths, retaining walls and turf. You will keep grounds free from trash, litter, debris, weeds, plant diseases and harmful insects. You will maintain equipment and supplies, and order as needed.
To be successful in this role you need to ensure grounds are pleasant—both visually and operatively—at all times, while maintaining equipment.
- Maintaining site landscaping.
- Maintaining lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf, and irrigation.
- Trimming trees, hedges, and shrubs, and preventing and eliminating weeds, and spreading mulch.
- Operating and maintaining hand tools, such as loppers, saws and shovels efficiently.
- Operating and maintaining trucks and power tools.
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter, and debris, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Conducting basic irrigation audits and performing basic irrigation repairs.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years of groundskeeping or related experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
- Computer literate with capability in email, GSuite, and related communication tools.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- This position will work outdoors most days, in direct sunlight and inclement weather
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, standing, bending over, crouching, sitting, reaching, driving (a cart) for extended periods of time, and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
- Familiarity with sprinkler systems and other landscaping equipment
- Knowledge of gardening techniques
- Knowledge of gardening products.
Santa Catalina School offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, and retirement benefits. Salary will be commensurate with the experience and expertise of the appointed candidate.
Please complete and submit our online employment application at:
In accordance with applicable laws, Santa Catalina School is an equal-opportunity employer.
Location/Region: Monterey, CA (93940)